IMPORTANT RINK REMINDER:
The rinks are open, however, there are to be NO SOCIAL GATHERINGS. We welcome you to come and skate with your family (the people that live in your household).
We remind you to maintain social distancing rules with everyone else.
We want to keep the Community League ice open for all to use. We all need to work together to keep the community safe. This means following all the rules set up by AHS.
If rules are not being followed we will have to close the rink. Thank you PVCL
The rink is open, the rink is open, the rink is open!!
Rink hours are: Sunrise to 10:00 PM, 7 days a week.
How the ice rinks will operate, until further notice:
- Only ten people allowed on the ice at one time, per ice sheet. We have two sheets - the rink, and the tennis court. That means only 10 people on each sheet at a time.
- Only free-skate activities allowed.
- No hockey, including pick-up games and shinny, or organized sport on the ice. (AHS guidelines)
- Rink shacks and indoor amenities like bathrooms are closed. This will not change for the duration of the 2020/2021 skating season. If you’re skating at the Parkview rink, be prepared to lace up outside on the benches, and use the washroom at your home before you come.
- Scan our QR Code before you hit the ice. This will make it easier for our Hall Manager, Tracey to help with contact tracing.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and have recently used our ice, please contact Tracey PVCLrentals@gmail.com so she can assist with contact tracing!
Parkview Community League does not have rink attendants that will be monitoring the rink. No one will be on site to ensure that people are following the guidelines.
Ensuring that we are opening the rink safely has taken up A LOT of time. Our Hall Manager, Tracey has been working endlessly to make this work for our community. So please, be considerate of all of her hard work and time, and follow the rules. If people aren’t following the rules, and we are over capacity... the PVCL Board, Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues and the City will work together to decide if keeping the rink open is worth our time, and our community's safety.
You and your family are responsible for your own safety while using the ice. Use at your own risk. Use your discretion. If the ice is at its 10 person capacity, wait for your turn, or go home and try again later. Please be mindful of your time on the ice and cognizant of people/families waiting for a turn. Be a good neighbour. Be responsible. Be kind. And lets make this work, together...
HAVE FUN OUT THERE!!! If we all work together to follow the guidelines provided by AHS/EFCL, a lot of fun can be had at the rink this year. We got this Parkview! See you on the ice!
Parkview Outdoor Revitalization 50/50 Cash Raffle!
We are excited to announce that despite the setbacks faced from COVID, Parkview Community League is going forward with plans to revitalize our outdoor space.
Phase 1 is expected to commence in the summer of 2022, and includes a new rink, lighting, and storage shed, along with summer-use: beach volleyball courts!
The most important step is being undertaken right now... FUNDRAISING! Ticket Sales end December 20, with the Draw Date on December 31, 2020.